Greg G.

Ted said:

I have used a couple of different kinds of Crown as well as the Sorby
bowls gouges. I like the Crown version of the Ellsworth Signature
Bowl Gouge the best. It has a very long handle. This helps with
control especially in deeper bowls. It also has a more parabolic
shape to its flute. If ground correctly this seems to work well (for
me anyway) for a variety of cuts on both the inside and the outside of
the bowl.

Thanks for the info, Ted. I've heard about the Ellsworth grind, and
think I have a page filed away somewhere that details grinding your
own version on a standard gouge. Depending on the cost of said
"Signature" gouge, I may try this.

Greg G.