FC

Scott Smith wrote:
Thanks FC.

Is the rated wattage (listed on each device) the "peak wattage"?

It supposed to be but I won't trust it fully so that's why you need some
spare room i.s.o. when both printer activated at the same time then your
circuit shuts down.

I know the typical lights/outlets split. What I am wondering is whether
there is any logic to whether/how my *outlets* should be split. For

No logic here, the only guiding principle is 1. capable of handling the
load and 2. your convince (i.e. how you're going to arrange your
basement office where equipments are going to be located.)

instance, one of my laser printers is 11A, and another is 7.8A. (Per the
markings on the device.) Should I divide outlets logically into 20A
groupings?

If your printer eats that much power it may not be a bad idea to have
more than one circuit to handle the load.

FC