Scott Smith wrote:

Is the rated wattage (listed on each device) the "peak wattage"?

Yes.

I know the typical lights/outlets split. What I am wondering is whether
there is any logic to whether/how my *outlets* should be split. For
instance, one of my laser printers is 11A, and another is 7.8A. (Per the
markings on the device.) Should I divide outlets logically into 20A
groupings?

Within reasonable limits, the more circuits the better. The rating on
your printers is going to be a maximum peak load. If possible, I would
have at least two circuits and have these two printers on separate ones.
You could should have no trouble also putting your computer and a couple
other things on either circuit with one of the printers. I would also
put the lights on a separate circuit of their own, but that's just me.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.