toller

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:53:03 GMT, "toller" wrote:

You don't say this, but I presume you have the microwave plugged into a

20a
kitchen circuit that complies with code by being protected by a GFCI.
Is that correct?

Why would there be a GFI outlet in the kitchen? Is this a new code
requirement? When I built my house in the late 70s all that was needed
was the usual double 15 amp outlet, with seperate breakers for the
upper and the lower outlet in a duplex receptacle. I haven't heard of
any change.

Currently kitchens require 2-20a circuits, both GFCI protected.
It is not necessary to bring old installation up to code unless you do some
work on them.