StealthUK

Default Yet another cheap SDS dril thread...

"Woodspoiler"
wrote in

Now the £9.99 Screwfix angle grinder (back page of catalogue),
that's a different matter. £9.99 IS too good to be true. Mine
fizzled out after about a total of half an hour's use and the
switch got incredibly sticky after five mins use, due to clogging
up with stone dust - it took nearly full strength with both hands
to turn the bugger off. Don't buy one of those. At least Screwfix
is good about returns, and I am upgrading to a £16 Ferm. Who'd
have thought that a Ferm could be regarded as an upgrade?

I have found that same switch problem with the switch on a previous
Black & Decker and current Wickes brand grinder. Has anyone ever
dropped a grinder accidentally while on? I did the previous B&D (a
small grinder) and it flew around like a crazy snake. Luckily we all
got out of the way before getting hit and it came to rest only because
it cut through its own cord.