Harvey Van Sickle

Default Anyone breaking a grand piano? (looking for escapement action)

On 15 Oct 2004, dave wrote

I want to make a glass sided case to show the workings of a double
escapment (grand )piano action. Is anyone out there breaking one
or have one for sale? I just want a single key (maybe two).Will
pay a reasonable cost+pp of course. (This sort of thing isn't
available on ebay :-) so apols if is OT)

Can't help personally, but if you rang 'round to the piano tuners in
your area you might find one with a lead to a junked grand or parts
thereof.

(The piano tuner I use here in Basingstoke has a sideline in
reconditioned pianos; I'd be surprised if that's not the case
elsewhere.)

--
Cheers,
Harvey