Leonard Lopez

I currently own 3 PC routers. I started with the 1.5 HP 693
series and did an entire kitchen with it. It a very good router for
hand work, but for some jobs, the extra power of the 3 HP 7518 is very
nice to have in the table. You can push nearly anything you want by it!
By having the two, I no longer need to keep mounting and dismounting the
693 from the table.

The 3rd router is a 8529 2HP plunge router. I got it when Home
Depot gave them away for $100. You can plunge route with a fixed base
router like the 693 or 7518, but its a bit tricky. The plunge router
fills that gap.

Multiple routers are a big benefit when working on a complex
project with many parts. You can set up each router with a different
bit and leave it that way for the duration of the project. Helps with
accuracy and repeatability.

Len
-----------

L Anthony Johnson wrote:
I'm just a hobbyist woodworker who does a little carpentry around the house.
I want to be able to create some crown molding at home using a router on the
router table I am about to build. This will allow to create crown molding
for the home and some other projects that I have in mind.

I've already purchased the router bit for the crown molding:
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/order.../bt_mold2.html

I've done my research and narried my router purchase down to 2 models:

The Porter Cable 7518 (3 1/4 hp)
The Poter Cable 895PN 2 1/4 HP Mult-Base Router Kit

Essentially, if the 2 1/4 horse power can handle the crown modling bit, I
would perfer to purchase the 895. If it can't, then the 7518 will have to
do. More power, sigh. I don't ANTICIPATE having to do anything more
strenuous with the router than creating the crown molding.