bentley wolfe

MilkyWhy wrote:

I have some old cordless drills (and tools) that are a pain in the ass to get
batteries for, the batteries won't hold a charge, etc. What I did is to attach
a pair of (homemade, small) jumper cables from a voltage source to my cordless
drill. So, with like a 6 volt or 9 volt cordless drill, I jump power to it
directly from a battery charger (set on 12 volts). It spins that drill like a
top, plenty of power and plenty of torque.

If you got an old cordless drill your going to pitch in the trash, expose the
electrodes on it and slap a power source to it --if nothing else take a 6 volt
lantern battery and jump some power to the drill. Cut up an extension cord and
put alligator clips on both ends of the cords. Jump the voltage from the
battery to the drill. If it dont go, then reverse the wires. If that works, now
get your battery charger and apply the voltage from that to the drill. Of
course, when you are done (playing for each session), unplug the charger from
the wall. Have fun and get more mileage out of old cordless tools.

Good idea. Of course, that's one of the reaosns I don't buy cordless
tools.... ;0

--
Regards,

Bentley Wolfe