SQLit

"John Bagdanoff" wrote in message
om...
I have a problem with my microwave oven tripping the gfi outlet it's
plugged into. Once the gfi trips, it takes hours until the reset
button 'clicks' & I have restored power to the outlet. I have an
outlet tester with a button to press to trip a gfi outlet. When I use
this to test the outlet, the gfi trips immediately, & I can quickly
rest the gfi outlet.
So my question is, why this long delay in resetting the gfi outlet
when the microwave oven trips it (it trips when I turn on the oven),
versus a quick reset when using my handy dandy tester?

Thanks
John

gfci's are for personal protection in homes not for equipment. The
suggestion of getting an 20 amp outlet might help.

---