Stormin Mormon

It's my personal experience that the center of gravity of a TV is right in
the middle of the TV screen. And so it's incredibly easy for the dumb things
to tip forward, falling right on the screen glass. Landing on kids,
driveway, floor, whatever is in front of the screen.

Whatever else you do, please rig the TV so that it's less likely to fall
forward. The TVs of the world now days, the front edge of the set has no
real support. I think this is asinine.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"MIchael Jasper" wrote in message
om...
Hi -

We are upgrading from a 20" to a 32" tv and need to figure out if our
current stand will be stable with the new tv. I have searched all
over and can't find any info that sets standards for dimensions of
stands for different size tvs.

THe stand we have is a fairly tall one - taller than wide. The top
shelf is 29" wide by 19" deep, and it's about 36" high, on casters.

So - here are my questions:

1) How do I tell if it will be stable for a given size tv? Is it
sufficient that the base of the TV - the part that actually rests on
the stand - fits the top shelf, regardless of how much the rest of the
tv protrudes to sides or rear?
Is there a maximum height of tv that should fit on a stand of this
configuration?

2) Is there a minimum size stand for a 32" tv?

3) If we do stick with this stand, how could I anchor the tv to
prevent it from falling if a kid tugs on it? I have no problem with
anchoring the tv stand - I have furniture anchor straps. But that
won't help keep the tv on the stand, and I'm not sure how to fix a
strap to a tv without doing damage to the tv - ie drilling into it!

Would appreciate direct replies in addition to group:

Thanks!
Michael Jasper