Dan

On 15 Oct 2004 01:26:38 -0700, (John Bagdanoff)
wrote:

I have a problem with my microwave oven tripping the gfi outlet it's
plugged into. Once the gfi trips, it takes hours until the reset
button 'clicks' & I have restored power to the outlet. I have an
outlet tester with a button to press to trip a gfi outlet. When I use
this to test the outlet, the gfi trips immediately, & I can quickly
rest the gfi outlet.
So my question is, why this long delay in resetting the gfi outlet
when the microwave oven trips it (it trips when I turn on the oven),
versus a quick reset when using my handy dandy tester?

Thanks
John

You may be overloading the GFCI outlet. Microwave ovens pull quite a
bit of power. Check the wiring size and if adequate install a 20 amp
GFCI. They make them, they just cost more than the usual 15 amp rated
ones.