Sam

"Lobster" wrote in message ...
"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news

Cheap 1/2" router £85
1/2" x 50mm router bit £7
Biscuit slot bit. £13
Worktop jig £30.
G-clamps say 3 at £5

Comsumables:
clamps (3 per joint) , biscuits say 10 per joint, PVA and clear silicone.

This kit will be good enough for one off use. A better worktop jig will
be £70 more and a much better router £85 more.

I'm thinking of splashing out on a worktop jig myself as it happens... but
what's the difference between one costing 30 quid and one costing 100 quid?
Isn't a jig just a jig? Why are they so expensive anyway (why don't they
cost a tenner or so?)

David

The cost of the kit is why I am looking for someone to do the work, I
wouldn't mind having a go at it but spending £150ish for a one-off job
is a bit of a waste. Besides the Missus would kick up at more lurverly
power tools appearing :-(

So... recomendations please in Redhill/Crawley area for someone who
will do a good job for a fair price.

I also am at a loss to understand why these templates are so dear!
they are made of mdf, plastic or plywood perhaps and the dear ones
have a bit of formica like stuff on them but for £90??? I would
atleast expect machined ally for this
price!

Sam

Please reply to: if you want to get in
touch with me directly - previous email address has expired.