"TheKidd" in :

Still, I haven't a clue as to what to use. Most of the hinges I've
seen are for normal doors. I thought of using black pipe attached to
the bookcase somehow and then figuring out some type of attachment
that had a bearing mounted at each end going to the floor and ceiling
but HD or Lowes doesn't have anything that I can put together.

heh, scrap patrs from a 10 yard truck should be strong.

industrial buoildings have huge part, but are bypass or rollup. still ther
might be something in catalogs at home depot or wherever.

huge "barn door" (strap) hinges?
this http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...barn+door%22+%
7Cstrap%29+hinges
style, but not necesarily faux antique..