Dave Liquorice

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:18:34 +0100, wrote:

Fair enough if they'd done it at the same time, now it will cost a
bit to fit and 200 quid to buy. For the small amount of heat lost
couldn't the raeburn be sat like a towel rail, then little heat
would flow through it and if it was cold in the house the return
flow would dissipate the heat?

Trouble is you don't want to pump the primary without Dunsley
Neutraliser as the Rayburn really needs to be on gravity. If you pump
the primary without a Neutraliser you'll circulate water through the
Rayburn which will shift some of that heat up it's flue. And with oil
at silly prices you don't want to waste it...

I was tempted to look at this and decided it was cheaper to put a
pump and thermostat in the wood burner circuit but I am open to
correction.

So when the power goes off you have to shut down your woodburner to
stop it's boiler boiling or worse, exploding. Seems a bit silly...

--
Cheers

Dave. pam is missing e-mail