Mark D. Zacharias

Yes, but the mere fact that the laser "lights up" in no way tells if that
pickup is good or bad. Would that it were so.

Mark Z.

"Bradley26" wrote in message
You all may know this, but I found that a video camera, like the small PC
camera can see the laser beam very well, when the laser appears off by
eye.

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message

"Rich" wrote in message

"Ken G." wrote in

I work on alot of new DVD players ( store returns ) of all kinds and
maybe 1% work after a lens cleaning .

Having so many on hand i try switching lazor assemblies and that
normaly
fixes the problem .. other times its the driver board

Sounds like contacts on the laser assy plug get some film on them.
Switching them around just rubs off the oxide.

I have never removed the laser assy (not a tech), but don't you have
to align them in any way? I'd be tempted to just pull it out and put
it back in, if that's possible. I'm the OP in this thread.

Regards,

Rich

If one is just swapping, then normally you'd swap the entire, pre-aligned
mech. Additionally, some newer DVD player have all or mostly software
adjustments, even auto-adjustments.

Mark Z.