Mike Reed

I'd go get an air nailer or two. If your current compressor has a
tough time keeping up (unlikely), keep your eyes open for a used one.
I got a 15 gallon oil-lube for $60. It's 15 years old, and runs like
new.

For birdhouses and such, I'd get an 18 ga. brad nailer. For trim, a 15
ga. angled finish nailer. For the side of the house, it depends on
what you're doing, but a framing nailer may be necessary. For trim on
the side of your house, the 15 ga. finish nailer is fine.

In about a year, as projects came up, I bought my brad nailer for $14
from Harbor Freight. I bought my Porter Cable finish nailer
refurbished from Tyler Tool. I bought my Bostitch framing nailer
well-used from a pawn shop. All work well, though the brad nailer
doesn't shoot straight.

-Mike

(Cleve L.) wrote in message ...
My wife said I could finally get a nail gun.

Wow.

Now, after thinking about it, I'm debating either electric or air. Both
about the same price, I don't have an air compressor big enough for one.
I will primarily use it for crafting, i.e., birdhouses, shelves,
etc,........But, I want one big enough to use in a bind, like on the
side of the house, etc.

Will I be happy with an electric, or should I just go ahead and get an
air compressor and air gun?

Whatdayathink, huh?

Thanks,

Cleve