Jeff Harper

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:07:29 GMT, mel wrote:

My response, to how well he made his point, was my effort to point out

that
he didn't do a very good job at substantiating his claim. If you want to
talk about a crazy concept it would be that Bush's tax policies are

designed
to allow himself the ability to not pay taxes on an $84 gain in income.
That fact is the best Kerry could come up with in order to justify

rolling
back the tax cuts and placing that burden back on the small business

owner.

Right, the problem with Kerry's approach there is that he was trying to
imply that because Bush fits a definition of "small business owner",
then the tax cuts for small businesses would typically benefit
only people like Bush. This is disingenuous at best (how surprising,
Kerry stretching the truth).

Right? You said right to Mel's insane spin and then explained it quite
differently..more reasonably but still inaccurately.

I wanna know how OBL has been helped by the lifting of the flash

surpressor,
bayonet lug, and pistol grip on semiautomatic rifle manufacturing ban.
Kerry seems to think that terrorists shop for weapons here, instead of
buying actual machine guns in their home countries. Is he lying, or just
_that_ ignorant? I can't tell. Any ideas? How about you guys, Jeff and
Nate? Which is he, ignorant or stupid?

Again you misrepresent. Kerry talked about police chiefs being opposed to
lifting the ban on assault weapons because it means criminals will find it
easier to be better armed.

I think as an aside he mentioned the report that possible terrorists have
crossed the border into the U.S. from Mexico recently and if so will be
purchasing weapons here. The ban on assault weapons made it more difficult
for them to find the kind of artillery they would like.

I think you know this, you just have no integrity..no respect for truth and
reason..and are prepared to mislead and deceive when you perceive it as
helping your candidate.

Jeff Harper