brocpuffs

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:09:28 -0700, wrote:

chairs are kinda their own thing. people who make lots of custom
chairs generally have an adjustable prototype chair that they use to

Makes sense but I do so much like to screw everything around as I go
along. Well, it accounts for my (LOW) production rate :-)

this is an interesting idea for a piece of software- 3d chair design.
it would need size data for the customer- those routines might be able
to be borrowed from some custom tailoring or haberdashery software. it
would need 3d modelling capability- plenty of that around. it would
need to be able to export patterns and cut lists.

I bet there would be a market for it.

All you'd need is a few zillion bucks!!

Since I posted this, I blew the angle on one part of a curved vertical
side rail. I wanted the two straight and horizontal side rails (below
the seat) to go thru the curved piece. This curved piece is to be the
front support for an arm for the chair. The front legs are not long
enough to be the front supports, never mind why.

I can patch it with the usual wedges but I am sooo disappointed at not
being perfect!

James