patrick conroy

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:07:25 -0400, "L Anthony Johnson"
wrote:

I may not have been clear before, but I am only a *hobbyist*. This router
will only be used on the weekends and special projects for things I build
for the home.

Then this is a "tuffie"... You'll be able to move faster with the
bigger machine. You'd have to take lighter bites with the smaller
router.

Once you're done with the moldings in the house - then personally, I'd
rather have the smaller router around - if I had a small stable of
routers.

On the other hand - if you've got the money, then an approach could be
to buy the big dog, for the moldings; when done hang it upsidedown in
a router table and buy a smaller PC 690'ish or DeWalt 621'ish one for
other tasks.

Me? (1) I'd not make the molding myself (2) if I was going to try it,
I'd buy the smaller one (actually, I'd use my 690) and take real light
cuts and see how it goes before popping for the big 3 HP one.