brocpuffs

Default curved joinery

Hi ppl,

I'm getting into curves, not soft & warm (in this group!) but hard,
grainy and flammable.

I'm making a heavy chair I call a "sumo chair" because the overall
dimensions are somewhat larger than the usual chair.

I'm adding curved edges as I go along. A little bit of oriental
feeling

There has to (?) be some way to methodically figure out angles for,
say, a mortise thru a piece curved on both sides, different curves.
Basically, intersections of curved pieces.

Is this always such a PITA involving a lot of fudging and estimating
and jury-rigging?

There's always computer drafting, I do know that, but hell I don't
WANNA use computers except to see prototype ideas.

James