SQLit

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
Any suggestions for improving my ceiling painting technique? I painted

the
living room ceiling last night, and you can see slightly different shades
where (I assume) different amounts of paint were applied. Personally, I
thought I did a wonderful job of evening it out, but the bright lights and
eyeballs don't lie..

One real problem I had was figuring out what had and hadn't been painted.
It was very difficult seeing the line between the fresh (wet) paint and
adjacent areas which hadn't been painted...

KB

I put two coats on the ceiling of my last home and thought all was good. I
had scraped off the pop corn and had an contractor spray the ceiling with
texture. Never looked right. The contractor had floated all of the joints
on the ceiling and with a light they looked flat. Just before I sold the
home I hired an painter. He used an large nap roller and it still took him 3
coats to cover. I'll estimate that he used 15 gallons of paint on 1000
square feet. When the light was just right I could still see the seams. Of
course I had lived there so long that I knew where they were anyway.

good luck

---