Andy Hall

Default Supplier of Ideal Classic SE RS flue pack B1

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:58:41 -0000, "David Hearn"
wrote:

I need to buy a flue pack B1 for an Ideal Classic SE 15RS boiler. There are
3 balanced flue packs available depending on the thickness of the wall -
however, I can only appear to find suppliers who can provide the "Standard
Flue Pack B".

Ideal list the following flue packs in their manual:

Pack B - balanced flue terminal suitable for wall thicknesses from 9" (23cm)
to 12" (30cm)
Pack B1 - balanced flue terminal suitable for wall thicknesses from 12 1/2"
(32cm) to 15 1/2" (39cm)
Pack C - balanced flue terminal suitable for wall thicknesses from 4 1/4"
(12cm) to 7 1/2" (19cm)

I need Pack B1 as I have a 13" wall but so far I've not found a supplier who
can supply it (though I can find ones who can supply the boiler).

It's a cavity wall?

How many houses have a between 9" and 12" wall? Doesn't allow much of a
cavity or plaster/render on the wall. I'm sure there must be one somewhere!

I had an issue like this but for a different reason. I wanted to fit
the boiler into a kitchen cupboard, which was fine except that the
boiler was about 8mm too deep to provide the requisite clearance to
the door. The simple solution was to remove the plasterboard in the
area where the boiler fits.

If you are down to a few mm, then this might be viable.

Its a bit of a long shot - but does anyone know of a company who can supply
this? PlumbWorld can't.

More likely can't be bothered. If these parts exist then they should
be orderable. I would try other places like Plumbcenter and Travis
Perkins, even Discounted Heating. While you are at it see if you can
drive the price down a bit.

Thanks

David

..andy