mike. buckley

In message , Christian
McArdle writes
Glass or polycarbonate?

Glass:
Looks good. I mean really good.
Harder to install and more expensive.

Polycarbonate:
Looks cheap. I mean really cheap.
Sounds like a tonne of gravel in a concrete mixer when it rains.

There's nothing like being able to see the sky and clouds through the roof.
Vastly superior to the translucent appearance of polycarbonate. It is simply
the better, but more expensive option.

As I understand it, both double glazed glass and triple wall polycarbonate
have passable insulation value, making the room heatable in most cases.

Christian.

In the case of a South facing wall doesn't the glass have to be treated
to reflect uv and keep the conservatory at a liveable temperature? Not
relevant in our case as the premium for glass was going to end up being
such a large %age of the quote we decided early on that it wasn't an
option for us. We already have rain noise in garage and utility room
that can be heard in the kitchen - as there is a corrugated steel roof
over them, we're used to it. If we ever come to sell with a bit of luck
it won't be raining when people come to view :-)

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2