jim.

"mackem" wrote in message
.. .

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article , "mackem"
says...

Overfill it! and see what happens.

I haven't installed the new stuff yet as I was hoping to determine if I
had
the correct parts first.

Do you need to install it? I'd just fit the syphon to the cistern and
fill it with a bucket or hose.

Tried it and it and the overflow does work by draining into the bowl !!
Don't know how it works as externally it looks identical to the old syphon
that needed a separate overflow.
Thanks for the contributions.

You went through the same mental process as me (well appart from the appeal
to a N.G)
I couldn't, and still can't see how it goes down the pan, there is NO hole
as described earlier.
The cyphon must be designed to allow the overflow over the top.
I had to put mine together and fill it with a hose to convince myself.
Mine was an Armiatge Shanks toooo.

jim.