Dan Gravell

Christian McArdle wrote:

Set the timer to be on 24 hours a day. Replace your room thermostat with a
programmable type. Then it doesn't matter that your clock is knackered, and
you have the heating controls in the lounge, where they belong and all the
advantages of a programmable thermostat, such as selecting a specific
temperatures for different times of day.

This presumes that the same fault doesn't prevent the 24h option from
working.

Thanks to all that have helped. I think I'm going to go the programmable
thermostat way, rather than just buying a new timer for the boiler.

I've rung around a few plumbers and they've all said it's one/two hours
work. I only want them to connect the base station to the boiler, I'll
sort the thermostat myself (it'll be a wireless one). So this basically
means about £100 labour, perhaps a little more, plus the part. So no
different to getting the boiler fixed then.

My next question is, is this possible for me to do, or do you need to be
Corgi registered? That's what Honeywell alluded to when I contacted
them. I have the good old Collins book but it doesn't give decent
instructions on how to fit these things, which might be telling.

Thanks again,
Dan