L Anthony Johnson

Default Porter Cable Router Purchase Question

I'm just a hobbyist woodworker who does a little carpentry around the house.
I want to be able to create some crown molding at home using a router on the
router table I am about to build. This will allow to create crown molding
for the home and some other projects that I have in mind.

I've already purchased the router bit for the crown molding:
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/order.../bt_mold2.html

I've done my research and narried my router purchase down to 2 models:

The Porter Cable 7518 (3 1/4 hp)
The Poter Cable 895PN 2 1/4 HP Mult-Base Router Kit

Essentially, if the 2 1/4 horse power can handle the crown modling bit, I
would perfer to purchase the 895. If it can't, then the 7518 will have to
do. More power, sigh. I don't ANTICIPATE having to do anything more
strenuous with the router than creating the crown molding.

--
L Anthony Johnson