Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip

Default Repairing Holes in Roofing Felt (tiled roof)

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by I am
everyone on usenet!, and I thusly replied:

Harry Bloomfield retched Repairing Holes in Roofing Felt (tiled roof)
onto my recliner:

The Natural Philosopher wrote on Tuesday (03/02/2004) :
That may be one reason, but I think another reason was so that roofs
could be made lighter/cheaper, with less overlap needed if there was
layer of felt underneath.

I don't think so.

My roof with reasonable Tyvek overlap., leaked i heavy rain before
tiloing through the odd hole.

After tiling, even in huge winds, there is no leak. Thats whey you
have a three tile overlap - to stop the wind and driving rain.

Our roof has a three tile overlap at any place you care to look, but we
have no underfelt. We can see the under sides of the tiles from the
loft. I was rather puzzled by the fact that the exposed inside tile
hedges had been flaunched with a very crumbly mix of sand and cement,
much of which has fallen away over the years.

We are located in a very exposed hill top location and despite the lack
of any under felt, I have never known water to be driven in by the
wind, though it is very draughty up there. Each tile (at a guess) is
flat and about 12- 14" long.

**** OFF NETKKKOP!

A Fine Post.

--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874

"A ******* shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his
tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:2