Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
I quite fancy the idea of fluorescent tubes on top of kitchen cupboards,
as suggested on here over the years. Are there non-flickering types that
will not be noticeable on start up?

Absolutely. Electronic ballasts don't run at 50 Hz. Decent tubes have
higher persistence phosphors. That combination will give no noticable
flicker at all - as well as good starting, very long life and high
efficiency.

I'm also a little concerned about the coldness of the light bouncing off
a white ceiling. Can anyone suggest a tube that might be closer to
daylight?

Genuine daylight is about as cold as you'll get. Did you mean a better
match to tungsten?

For my under cupboard lighting, I used dimmable Osram high frequency
ballasts, and Philips tubes matched to tungsten. Not the cheapest option,
but the results are stunning.

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses. *

Dave Plowman London SW