Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Nigel M wrote:
Almost any switch can be used, but probably a pull cord switch as used
in a bathroom might be best.

Surely there are normally only for use with AC. I would have thought
that a fluorescent lamp would present an inductive load to a DC source,
so wouldn't this mean I needed a special switch?

They don't give a DC rating for this sort of switch purely because that
application would be so rare. But in general, most 230 volt AC switches
will happily work at the same current rating on 12 volts DC.

If you're really worried, you could use a 20 amp shower type. ;-)

--
*Do paediatricians play miniature golf on Wednesdays?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.