Richard Faulkner

In message , chris French
writes
My niece
took 15 months to sell her property in a different part of the country
(shires not flat caps).

I'm not sure that is a recommendation for holding out, unless you are
in a position to be very flexible on your selling. We are going to soon
put our house on the market. We will have a fixed date by which we want
to be moved by (March/April next year) about 150 miles away. '
realistic' - as they say - pricing is likely because we want to sell as
quick as we can

It's actually a bit like saying your granddad smoked 60 a day and lived
to 95.

In addition, if the niece sold her house in the fairly recent past, e.g.
the past 5 years, anybody could ask much more than the current value,
(100% more in some areas), and sell within 15 months.

As they say, past performance is no guarantee of future performance.

--
Richard Faulkner