Kevin Singleton

wrote in message
In article ,
"Kevin Singleton" wrote:

The major event was when we kicked his ass.

At what cost, Kevin? At what cost to the nation? To the families of the
dead? To America's standing in the world? To what end? What benefit was
derived? How did we profit?

"We kicked his ass" makes a lousy epitaph.

Hey, "if it saves one life", right? The cost is miniscule, compared to the
cost of not taking action. Keep your blinders on. The rest of us will
continue to drag your frightened, lazy, whining ass along towards the
ultimate goal, which is to eradicate terrorism, and spread the blessings of
liberty.

How did we profit? We've liberated an entire nation, at minimal cost in
American lives, and created a foundation for democracy and liberty in the
Middle East. We've established a base of operations for ensuring stability
of governments and Middle Eastern oil supplies, and constructed a basis for
another nation in the region that's friendly to Western policy. We
exercised our military might, and put the fear of God into Syria and Lybia,
and given the North Koreans and Iranians a couple of things to consider. We
did what we said we'd do, which is something that hadn't happened in the
prior administration, and shown the world that we're willing to take an
unpopular stance to enhance the security of our nation. We've produced an
environment in which terrorists can, and will, raise their heads, so that we
can more readily indentify and eradicate their organizations. We've created
alliances with former enemies, and exposed corruption in the UN.

I don't see a down side, except, perhaps, that my son has to spend more time
in Qatar than he used to.

--
Kevin
-=#=-