The Natural Philosopher

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article 1097704801.7k9xeGHJ4TgfJlZk+ksONw@teranews,
wrote:

Can anyone advise me if it is possible to wire up a two-way circuit
with a plate two way light switch and a push on/off, rotary two way
dimmer, so that either is able to turn off the light.

Yes. Push on/off dimmers usually have a two way switch and can be treated
as one. Provided the dimmer isn't turned down so far the light goes out,
of course. But most stop before this. The type that turn off at the end
aren't two way - or rather I've not seen one that is.

Mine do in fact go all the way down. However when that dim, I forget to
turn them off anyway.

So in practice I seldom switch on and find the wretched things on the
wrong setting.