chris French

In message , MM
writes
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:29:17 +0100, chris French
wrote:

In message , Capitol
writes

I believe last months figures were that the average SP was 90%
of the listing price in the London area.

sounds believable, according to SB on Property Ladder tonight ,
nationwide, average selling price is 94% of the asking price.

Which would put my property firmly in the £190K ballpark, not £185K.

shrug

Yes but this is an average of course some will sell for maybe even more
than the asking price, so may be less than 90%.

Also, the poperty has already been reduced in price twice. I am not in
the business of giving it away.

No, you are in the business of selling your house, what price you hold
out for depends on a number of factors, but in the end you can only sell
it for what some will pay for it, whatever you consider it's worth.

If people come and view a property on
at £199,950, then they do, in my view, need to have a pretty good idea
beforehand what they can actually afford.

what they can afford and what they want to pay for you house might not
be the same thing..... and anyway, if a buyer knows a house has been on
the market for some time then they are more likely to consider it worth
a punt at a house that is just a bit more than they can afford.

If they don't bite, someone else will.

But when......?
My niece
took 15 months to sell her property in a different part of the country
(shires not flat caps).

I'm not sure that is a recommendation for holding out, unless you are in
a position to be very flexible on your selling. We are going to soon put
our house on the market. We will have a fixed date by which we want to
be moved by (March/April next year) about 150 miles away. ' realistic' -
as they say - pricing is likely because we want to sell as quick as we
can
--
Chris French, Leeds