John Gilmer

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
Any suggestions for improving my ceiling painting technique? I painted

the
living room ceiling last night, and you can see slightly different shades
where (I assume) different amounts of paint were applied. Personally, I
thought I did a wonderful job of evening it out, but the bright lights and
eyeballs don't lie..

That's why most folks end up putting on more than one coat of paint.

A "pro" will often step back from his work to check to ensure that he hasn't
"missed" anything.

That said, if you have sufficient paint to "cover" then extra paint just
doesn't make any difference. It's quite likely you are using cheap paint
that doesn't cover well.

One real problem I had was figuring out what had and hadn't been painted.
It was very difficult seeing the line between the fresh (wet) paint and
adjacent areas which hadn't been painted...

Again, "pros" have techniques they used routinely to ensure they "cover"
each section before they move on. They "know" how a roller or brush
"feels" and looks when it needs more paint. That's one of the reasons
pros are from 2 to 3 times as productive as DIYers.