David

"MM" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:29:17 +0100, chris French
wrote:

In message , Capitol
writes

I believe last months figures were that the average SP was 90%
of the listing price in the London area.

sounds believable, according to SB on Property Ladder tonight ,
nationwide, average selling price is 94% of the asking price.

Which would put my property firmly in the £190K ballpark, not £185K.
Also, the poperty has already been reduced in price twice. I am not in
the business of giving it away. If people come and view a property on
at £199,950, then they do, in my view, need to have a pretty good idea
beforehand what they can actually afford. I could view houses at
£300K, believing that "somehow" I would be able to find the cash. One
has to be realistic. If they don't bite, someone else will. My niece
took 15 months to sell her property in a different part of the country
(shires not flat caps).

MM

Given your previous postings on this issue, I reckon you should take the
offer and get on with finding the house that YOU want to buy.

We could talk about market prices, inflation during the time you have been
on the market and all that crap but I get a very strong impression through
all this that the original price was, for whatever reasons a bit
optimistic. This then gives you a strong impression that you're not getting
what it is actually worth. At the end of the day I would expect you are
still making a fairly healthy profit.

Move on.

best regards and good luck with the sale, one way or the other.

David