David

How does spraying Deft, primarily designed to be applied by brushing,
due to it's formulation, work for you? Any reason you don't use a
traditional nitro lacquer in lieu of Deft?

David

Walt Novinger wrote:

Rumpty wrote:

Anyone care to share your finishing suggestions for Cherry? Natural/light
and dark/stained finishing techniques?

--

Rumpty

I generally let the piece stand in the direct sun for several days (rotating
frequently) to develop a nice, deep color. My usual finish is then Deft
satin lacquer, sprayed on. I put several coats on, sanding all but the last
with a green ScotchBrite pad. I like the feel of this product, and it seems
to protect the wood quite well.

Walt