Leon

"Bruce Hooke" wrote in message
What I have seen when printing plans is that the same drawing printed
twice will match up EXACTLY in the direction that is parallel to the
rollers but that there will be subtle variations in the direction that is
perpendicular to the rollers. We're talking in the range of 1/64" here so
maybe I am just being too picky -- it mostly shows up when I am trying to
tile a drawing and then tape together the pieces of paper, which shows up
variations very starkly because lines going from one sheet to the next do
not match up. What I have always assumed was causing the problem was the
slight variations in the friction between the feed rollers and the paper.
Since I am seeing variations between printouts of the same drawing printed
on the same printer I rather doubt that this is a software or driver
issue...

On 2 Panasonic dot matrix printers, 2 Canon Ink Jet and 1 HP Ink Jet and
using AutoCAD, I am always able to draw 1"=1" out put on tiled drawings. I
used this on many occasions on all of these printers to produce exact
templates to transfer designs to wood. Using index points to align the
pages all lines meet up exactly and are exact in length. Perhaps you are
not taking into consideration margins of the printers.