Edwin Pawlowski

"Therasa" wrote in message

Just wondering if anyone has looked into the composite decking materials
like Trex, Veranda, Eon, ChoiceDeck, Evergrain, or CertainTeed.

Which do you think is best? Have you used one and been happy or not
happy? Any lessons learned? Where did you get the material?

I've looked at it but I'm not overly excited. The concept is good, but in
practice, it seems lacking. Just not the same as real wood as it flexes a
lot.

FWIW, I did look at mahogany and Ipe. They would be my first choice. I
figured the cost of just the flooring on my 12 x 16 deck will be about $700.
Mahogany was $1.90 a lineal foot, Ipe $2.10. For supports, a 4 x 4 x 8' was
about $45. That was priced this past June. I made a garden bench from the
mahogany.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome