Bruce Hooke

What I have seen when printing plans is that the same drawing printed twice
will match up EXACTLY in the direction that is parallel to the rollers but
that there will be subtle variations in the direction that is perpendicular
to the rollers. We're talking in the range of 1/64" here so maybe I am just
being too picky -- it mostly shows up when I am trying to tile a drawing and
then tape together the pieces of paper, which shows up variations very
starkly because lines going from one sheet to the next do not match up. What
I have always assumed was causing the problem was the slight variations in
the friction between the feed rollers and the paper. Since I am seeing
variations between printouts of the same drawing printed on the same printer
I rather doubt that this is a software or driver issue...

"Leon" wrote in message

"Bruce Hooke" wrote in message
news
Neat idea. Thanks.

Just be aware that most printers do not print exactly to scale,
especially in the long direction on the paper (i.e., the direction that
is perpendicular to the rollers in the printer), which is the direction
that matters when printing this ruler out on anything other than a
printer than can print 13" wide paper and up. So...after you print it out
check it against a ruler that is known to be good.

Actually most printers do print to scale."IF" the software instructs it
to.