Floozie

Default Wiring a dimmer switch....

Dimmer switch now safely installed and working fine. Many thanks for
assistance.
"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:20:27 GMT, (Lurch) wrote:

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:05:53 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 21:48:30 -0000, "Floozie"
wrote:

Hope i'm doing this right.....

i'm trying to wire up a dimmer switch (not too difficult I guess) but

my
problem is this..... Both the wires on the existing light switch are

red so
how can I tell which one is 'live'?? The connections on the current

switch
are marked L1 and Com (i think), but this doesn't help me???

I'm sure it's a simple answer - but i'm not electrically minded.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

If it's only a one way switch, as this is, then it doesn't matter.

It would matter if it were a 2way switch and there were three or more
wires.

No it wouldn't.

Of course it would.

If the wires became mixed up the switch would not work correctly.
Also, there are at least two ways to wire a 2 way light circuit.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl