Tony Hwang

Timo wrote:
I want to drill six holes with a 3/8" masonry bit, to set some lag screws in
the mortar in a brick wall. I'd also like to widen two holes in a steel bike
rack; they are a few mm. smaller than 1/2" in diameter and I want to make
them 1/2". Since I don't do this sort of thing very often, I don't want to
buy more drill than I need to. I have a small Black & Decker drill for
around the house. I'd be grateful for suggestions on make/model ... an
inexpensive drill with enough power to do these tasks. Not a problem if it
takes one drill longer than another to drill into masonry and steel; I just
don't want to burn it out.
Thanks
Timo

Hi,
I think your drill will do the job. Mortar is not really rock hard.
I drilled few holes on my concrete patio with small vari-speed drill.
If you really nedd bigger/more powerful drill, go to HD and rent one.
They charge by the hour.
good luck,
Tony