Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Ian Middleton wrote:
You must have been using some force to drill plasterboard if you
manage to drill through a loose cable behind it?

Nope, drill (new masonary bit I think) just cut through the plaster
board and straight square onto the cable bang (a loud bang in fact)
inbetween the live and neutral, cutting the central earth wire. I think
the cable was held nicely in place (for me to drill through it) by
large amounts of dot and daub plaster as well.

Right. If it had been loose, I'd have thought the bit would have pushed it
out of the way.

FWIW, I always use an HSS drill for plasterboard. Don't think you need a
masonry one. And little pressure at a slow speed. Never quite sure what
lurks behind. ;-)

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.