Dave Liquorice

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:22:10 +0100, Christian McArdle wrote:

In a domestic situation, the occupants are not deemed to be so
qualified and may need to rely on the competence of contractors
carrying out improvement work to determine what is safe or not.

Quite, it appears that the cable was not installed to the regs, ie not
within the H or V bands from a visible fitting. The DIYer was not
aware of the problem as it developed over time as the screw chaffed
through the insulation due to small movements from the rack as it was
used.

Who ever installed that cable not within the accepted areas carries
most of the responsiblity for this death. It's short cuts and other
slip shod work from builders or contractors (I hesitate to call them
"professionals") that tends to make me DIY.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail