Chris Carruth

If you can swing the time and headaches, I would be GC - forget paying
someone else. I have had 3 houses built by three different GCs, and will
never do it again. In Texas, there are no laws governing residential
construction that have any teeth. Contracts are worthless unless you want to
sue. Are there good GCs? I am sure. Question is: Who do you know better,
yourself or someone else?

wrote in message
om...
I will be doing an addition and remodel to my home and am wondering
whether it is worth it to act as my own general contractor and hire
sub-contractors, or hire a general contractor. Has anyone had any
experiences with this? I would like to hear your thoughts.