G&M

"Nigel M" wrote in message
In uk.d-i-y, Grunff wrote:

What level of light is required? Just enough to read by? Enough to do
detailed work? This can make a huge difference.

An 8W 12V fluorescent tube will provide enough light to see, but nowhere
near enough for say a workshop.

Sorry, I should have said. This is a stable, so enough to see the horse!
I was thinking of around 40W of tungsten, so I think an 8W fluorescent
tube would be ideal.

But where to get one to run from 12V, what size battery, how to
re-charge, and what sort of cable and switching?

Halfords. Or any other similar car place. Together with a motorcycle
battery and a small charger.