MIchael Jasper

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message ...
You said "kid". So, stop asking these questions. There's only one answer:
Secure it as if you expected it to be stolen by two big strong guys. If your
new set is anything like my 32" Sony, it's very front-heavy. While preparing
to move out of my previous residence, I reached behind the set to undo some
audio wires. I needed just a tad more room for my hand - maybe 1/2", so I
nudged the TV. It toppled forward and fell two feet onto a wooden speaker
stand, crushing it as if a car had driven over it. What was left was crumbs
and dust. The TV fell with the screen facing the floor, but survived without
a scratch. I have no idea how. But, if that had been a little kid, we
would've been in the E.R. all day.

Poke around online for wall brackets. Mount the bracket in such a way that
the TV appears (as much as possible) to sit on the entertainment center. Or
something. But forget "which furniture" - nothing will stop the TV if
someone tugs on it, unless it's fastened in place.

Thanks Doug and Paul. Appreciate the helpful input.

I still have a 20" so didn't have a sense of the balance issue.

As you pointed out, the issue is how do you fasten the tv itself, even
if the stand is stable? I have furniture anchoring straps, but they
need to screw into something wooden, not really helpful with a tv. Is
anyone aware of any kind of adhesive-based anchor that would be
sufficiently strong to inhibit a 32" tv from tipping? Not sure I
understand your point about the wall bracket - do you mean to attach
the tv to a wall bracket rather than rest it on the entertainment
center/stand?

MLD - sorry that my attempts to safeguard my children's lives sounded
stupid to you. I suggest ignoring this thread so you don't have to
waste any more of your obviously superior intellect.

Michael