Tony Hwang

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

"JOHN D" wrote in message
news_dbd.18$_%5.13@trnddc07...

I can get a new tank for about $140. Should I fix it or buy one of those

new

peak HP rated, aluminum, oilless compressors they sell now?

Ive had nothing but problems with the sears oil-less compressors, from
stress cracking of the compressor mounting platform on top the tank, to the
cooling fans repeatedly exploding to cracked and broken piston rods and
damaged cylinder linings and the list just goes on and on........

Suggest avoid these at all costs--now you all been forwarned.

--

SVL

Hi,
Oilless ones are joke no matter who made it.
I quickly realized after getting one on sale and sold it
to a guy who was happy to get it off my hands.
And then bought an old belt driven real deal. Happy now.
Tony