chris French

In message , Dan
Gravell writes
Christian McArdle wrote:

Every gas boiler ever made that uses electricity can support a programmable
thermostat.

Sounds good. Many thanks for your continued advice!

I've been using a programmable thermostat with my combi since it was
installed, works fine.

Re the problem with the timer. I had an integral (electronic not
mechanical) timer on mine . I used to leave I just set on all the time
with control via the programmable stat. Then earlier this year it
developed a fault and the timer would turn off, turning off the heating.
Since i never used it, I wasn't bothered about repairing it, so I just
remade the connections so that the supply to the boiler was then always
on.
--
Chris French, Leeds