MM

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:06:27 GMT, "R Taylor"
wrote:

MM wrote:
I have now had an offer. It is almost 10% below the asking price.
Given the current market situation, what are your comments?

MM

the impact of a 10% reduction on your selling price rather depends
on the price of the house. 10% of 250k is a lot different to 10% of
100k but if you are looking at it in percentages and can negotiate
the price up by 5% /and/ get a genuine quick sale I'd go for it.

Asking price is £199,950. First offer yesterday was at £183,000. Final
("absolutely no wriggle room at all") offer is now increased this
afternoon to £185,000. Advice I have received elsewhere says not to
drop below £190K, which would represent a 4.98% reduction.

MM