willshak

willshak wrote:

NewGuy wrote:

Hi,

My pool company just winterized my pool but I am interested in one
thing. They did such some water out of the skimmer and then they
pluged line that goes to pool bottom and then put Gizmo into the line
that goes into pump. But just a few minutes after that I can see that
now there is again small amount of water at the bottom of the
skimmer. Is there something wrong with that? Should skimmer be free
of water? How do you winterize skimmer?

Thanks

I have these blue plastic bottle things that screw into the skimmer
outlet at the bottom of the skimmer. When screwed in, they come to
within a couple of inches from the skimmer top. They have a pop out
top so that you can blow the water out of the pool lines with a shop
vac set to blower. Makes a nice "Old Faithful" type of geyser spray
out the top.
You will never keep water out of the skimmer, because the weight of
the snow and ice on top of the pool cover will cause the pool water to
rise and go into the skimmer inlet. Last fall, we emptied the water to
below the skimmer inlet, or about 15" from the top of the pool. This
spring, the water from the rain, and melted snow, and rain again, had
risen to within 6" of the pool top and also in the skimmer. The bottle
thing is soft enough to take the expansion of the ice that forms in
the skimmer and protect the harder skimmer plastic from cracking. Been
using them for about 15 years now.

Looked after I posted. Here they a
http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/pr...0252000029.cfm